In honor of your loved one with type 1 diabetes (T1D), donate an item or package that represents him/her for the Silent Auction! We want every family to be represented at the Hope Gala to connect guests to the T1D community.
How do I make an Honor Basket?
- You may either solicit items to be donated toward your package or purchase the items yourself. New and used items only, please.
- The basket can focus on his/her favorite foods, sport, hobby, show or play, family outing site, movies, books, electronic item, or other favorite things. Use your imagination!
- JDRF will auction off your honor basket, during the Silent Auction portion of the Hope Gala.
What else do I need to include with my Honor Basket?
- We would like each Honor Basket to be accompanied by a photo of your loved one. Please include an 8.5 x 11 professional portrait of your loved one. (This will not be given to the winning bidder but will be returned to you after the event at the address provided.)
How do I notify JDRF that I want to donate an Honor Basket?
- Fill out the Honor Basket Commitment Form and return it to the JDRF Office.
- Mail it to: 3580 EP True Parkway, Suite 101, West Des Moines, IA 50265
- Fax it to: 515-225-6720
- Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JDRF welcomes all commitment forms by July 31, 2013.
When do I deliver my Honor Basket to JDRF?
- Please deliver or mail your honor basket to JDRF by August 30, 2013.
Need some ideas for Honor Basket themes?
Here are some theme ideas and suggestions of items to include that you can tailor to your loved one’s special interests.
- Sports Team (tickets, memorabilia)
- Books (Nook/Kindle, book series, books by favorite author)
- Vacation Spot (beach towel, sunglasses)
- Girls or Boys Toys (Tonka Trucks, American Girl dolls)
- Food/Restaurants (gourmet popcorn, gift card to favorite local eateries)
- Movies (Disney movies and toys, movie series, movies with favorite actor/actress)
- Gardening (trowel, plant pots, gloves, home improvement gift card)
- Slumber Party (PJs, sleeping bag, movie and popcorn)
- Music (iTunes gift card, CDs, artist/band memorabilia)
- Technology (iPad, smartphone, handheld games)
- Video Games (XBox, PS3, games)
- Cooking/Baking (mixer, bowls, recipe books)
- Crafts/School Supplies (crayons, scissors, construction paper)
Have questions about donating an Honor Basket? Contact Tori Lemke at email@example.com or 515-802-3220.